Managerial Economics Major
The Managerial Economics major at UC Davis goes beyond the limits of traditional economics and business majors, blending a thorough grounding in economic theory with business knowledge and applications. The program provides in-depth exposure to:
- Statistical and quantitative methods
- Analytical tools for problem-solving strategies
- Critical thinking
- Effective writing and oral communication
- Students specialize in at least one of four options:
- Business Economics focuses on analysis, finance and management of business activities;
- International Business Economics explores the economic drivers and policy challenges in the major emerging markets;
- Environmental and Resource Economics focuses on issues related to use of resources and environmental quality;
- Agribusiness Economics focuses on the business aspects of producing and marketing foods and fibers.
The real world focus of this major provides ideal preparation for transition into the business world and students will develop valuable skills and strengths that lead to promising careers in the public and private sectors.