Optional Internship Credit
Optional Internship (1-2 units)
- Students have opportunities to gain additional career information and preparation through internships in a variety of private businesses and governmental agencies.
- Managerial Economics students with over 84 total units may earn up to 2 units of upper division internship credit (ARE 192). To expedite the process please follow these guidelines:
- Internship position must be relevant to the major. Students are responsible for finding a position.
- Some employers require you to be enrolled in units, but if they don't require it and you don't need the units, we recommend that you forego the units and apply for transcript notation only.
- Transcript notation: We recommend obtaining transcript notation with or without the ARE 192 units. Contact the Internship and Career Center for Transcript Notation
- If you need the units, the next step is to find a faculty sponsor. If you need suggestions, please see the faculty and lecturers.
- Download and print the Request for Approval of Internship Form.
- Fill out as much information as you can, then meet with your faculty sponsor so s/he can fill out the faculty portion and sign the form. Note: to earn 1 unit you must complete a 5-page paper; for 2 units you must complete a 10 page paper to be submitted to your faculty sponsor by their deadline (no later than the last day of instruction).
- Before the 10th day of the quarter-bring the completed and signed form to Elizabeth in Student Services (1175 SS&H). NO APPOINTMENT IS NECESSARY. She will request the Master Adviser's signature and, if approved, will send you an email with the CRN. You must enroll by the deadline to add, which is the 12th day of the quarter.
- Requests submitted after the 12th day of the quarter will not be approved.
- For additional information on obtaining internship positions, see the Internship and Career Center website.
Contact Us1176A Social Sciences and Humanities
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Student Advising Services: 530-754-9536
Agricultural and Resource Economics Main Office: 530-752-1515