Prospective/Admitted Transfer Students
Transfer Students - Admitted as Managerial Economics Majors
Advising & Orientation
Newly admitted transfer students should attend Transfer Orientation each June. Peer Advisors are available for drop-in appointments during the week.
Recommended 3-quarter academic plan for the first year
- Students should seek advising regularly to develop an updated academic plan and for proper sequencing of classes.
- Prerequisites in upper division ARE courses are strictly enforced. The department reserves the right to drop students from any ARE class if all prerequisites have not been successfully completed.
- All upper division core and restricted electives to fulfill major requirements must be taken for a letter grade. Passed/Not Passed (P/NP) grading will not be accepted.
Provided the preparatory course work has been completed prior to fall quarter, this typical 3-quarter plan is recommended:
|Fall Quarter||Winter Quarter||Spring Quarter|
|ARE 100A (not ECN 100)||ARE 100B||ARE 106|
|ARE 1XX (restricted elective)||STA 103||ARE 1XX (restricted elective)|
Elective = units toward degree requirements, possibly minor or general education classes.
Students not yet declared in the Managerial Economics major
- Students may not change majors until after successfully completing at least one quarter at UC Davis (must be in good academic standing).
- The first step to changing majors is to meet with a Managerial Economics Peer Advisor to develop an academic study plan (no appointment needed; see their schedule on Advising page).
- Students in good academic standing may submit a Change of Major petition online in OASIS:
- Logon with your UCD LoginID and Kerberos password.
- Click the “Forms & Petitions” tab, then “Submit a New Form.”
- Complete and submit both the Change of Major petition and Academic Plan. Change of Major petitions not accompanied by online academic plans will not be approved.
Contact Us1176A Social Sciences and Humanities
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Student Advising Services: 530-754-9536
Agricultural and Resource Economics Main Office: 530-752-1515