Undergraduate Honors Thesis
(Deadline for next cohort is June 7, 2018)
This program is designed to assist students in developing their analytical skills required to think clearly and coherently about economic matters and to apply their skill and knowledge effectively. It gives students the opportunity to get involved in academic research over the course of two quarters.
An honors thesis is an original, independent research project undertaken with the guidance of a faculty mentor and culminating in a research paper.
The program is especially effective for students who:
- want to develop research and writing skills for work in a wide variety of business related fields and careers
- plan to study at the graduate level
In order to apply to the program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Major in Managerial Economics
- Senior standing
- A minimum 3.5 GPA (overall)
- ARE 100B
- ARE 106 (may be taken concurrently)
- ARE 155 (may be taken concurrently)
Students interested in applying must:
- choose a general area of research
- develop a preliminary research idea
Students will be matched with potential faculty advisors based on their expressed interests during the spring quarter.
- Contact thesis coordinator Dr. Kristin Kiesel, firstname.lastname@example.org, Social Sciences and Humanities, Office 2147
- ARE 194HA
- Submit final research question to faculty by 10th day of quarter
- Attend honors student coffee hour
- ARE 194HB
- Submit final thesis to faculty advisor by end of quarter
- Present research at department brown bag
Students are also encouraged to present at the UC Davis undergraduate research conference.
Contact Us1176A Social Sciences and Humanities
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Student Advising Services: 530-754-9536
Agricultural and Resource Economics Main Office: 530-752-1515