Student-Alumni Career Day
Save the Date: Next Career Day will be held on Saturday, November 4th, 2017.
Learn from Managerial Economics alumni how they got where they are in their current positions around the business world. Attend workshops on careers in accounting, finance, human resources, and many more. Enjoy the opportunities for asking questions and networking with established professionals!
Information from last year's Career Day in October 2016 is below:
Pre-registration is required and open to the first 100 Managerial Economics students. Continental breakfast and lunch are included with the $15 fee (debit/credit card required). Registration is open for Man Econ majors only through Tuesday, October 18th @ 5:00 p.m. If space permits, registration will be open to other majors Wednesday and Thursday, October 19th and 20th.
Sign-in and continental breakfast begin at 9:00 a.m. in the ARC Ballroom. The day consists of three sessions of workshops, with breaks for networking and lunch, followed by a career panel discussing successful job or internship searches. Our day will end between 2:45 and 3:00 p.m. Finally, dress attire for the day is business casual.
Session One Workshops:
- Entrepreneurship: Lynda Ward Pierce, SVP/Project Managing Director (Global Workday Implementation), Robert Half, and Phil Chu, Mentor Operations, Springboard.
- Finance: Patrick McCartney, Technology Investment Banking Associate; Kayla Wood, Financial Development Program, ServiceNow; and Ashkun Zaker, Director of Finance, Strategy and Operations with EcoMedia, CBS Corporation.
- Internships/Professional Graduate Programs: Abigail Carroll, Associate Director of Admissions, MPAc, Graduate School of Management, UC Davis; Eva Lee, Career Advisor, Internship and Career Center, UC Davis; and Christina Siracusa, Program Coordinator and Advisor, Study Abroad Internships, UC Davis.
Session Two Workshops:
- Accounting: Neelam Babbar, Assistant Controller, Wells Fargo Capital Finance; Amber Ofiesh, Officer - Accounting VBA Developer, State Street Bank.
- Consulting: Yulia Ayzenberg (Yevsukova), Senior License Consultant, License Management Services, Oracle Corporation, Tiffany Lin, Management Consulting Analyst, Accenture; and Jimmy McCutcheon, Senior Consultant, FTI Consulting.
- Non-Profit/Social Impact Careers: Ashkun Zaker, Director of Finance, Strategy and Operations with EcoMedia, CBS Corporation.
Session Three Workshops:
- Data/Risk Analysis: Emre Titizer, Senior Business Analyst, Walmart eCommerce, andDenise Wong,Commercial Underwriting Professional Associate, AIG.
- Human Resources: Lynda Ward Pierce, SVP/Project Managing Director (Global Workday Implementation), Robert Half.
- Supply Chain Management: Yvette Harper, Sourcing Analyst, Mission Produce, and Don Stevens, Packaging Superintendent, C&H Sugar Company, Inc.
Contact Us1176A Social Sciences and Humanities
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Student Advising Services: 530-754-9536
Agricultural and Resource Economics Main Office: 530-752-1515